[OSGeo-Discuss] The New Board to be and Global representation

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 17 07:59:06 PDT 2008

On 13-Jun-08, at 12:33 AM, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:

> I have recently seen several discussions where the geographical
> representation sentiment, perceptions toward OSGeo being US or
> North America centric and so on and so forth get in (the way). So I
> could pick one randomly to react on. I'll pick this because of its
> title :-)

I thought of this thread again because as I seek out nominees for the
Board election, I've found at least three good visionary candidates
that have declined to accept my nomination for them.  Just because we
have global representation in charter members, doesn't mean that
everyone is willing or able to be on the board.  The most frequent
response I get is that people are too busy or focused on other
aspects of supporting OSGeo.  I believe it is easy to forget this fact.

Tyler