[OSGeo-Discuss] Requesting a new maillist

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 20 22:24:52 PDT 2008

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a new mailing list similar to the Can_rnf list
> but called us_tiger for Discussions about US Census Tiger data and how
> it can be used for various GIS projects.
>
> An alternative would be to call it road-networks and make it more
> generic and allow any national road networks to be discussed.
>
> I have cross posted in inquiry about this on postGIS and
> Discuss at osgeo.org  and there seems to be quite some interest. I also
> expect that an archive of these discussions would be of interest to new
> comers in the future.
>
> I am happy to take on the role of list owner and/or moderator.
>
> Can someone help we get this setup. I'm posting this here because mail
> to <mailman at lists.osgeo.org> is failing at the moment.

Steve,

I have created the list at:

with you as the administrator.

The "proper" procedure for a request like this is to file a ticket in
the OSGeo Trac instance, assigned to component "SAC" (the OSGeo System
Adminstration Committee), but in this case the request was picked up anyway.

I'll email you the admin password privately.

Best regards,