[OSGeo-Discuss] Thematic Mapping Engine as Open Source?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 23 13:03:19 PDT 2008

Hi Bjorn,
Back to your original question...

> Is there any interest in using this application among other open
> source projects? Are there any funding opportunities? I'm also
> interested in getting to know people who would like to contribute
> to this project.

I think there is definite interest in the application, but I expect
until potential integrators can dig into the code and see how they
might integrate it might be slow going.  So I think your approach to
opening it up will be important for moving forward.  Also, it would
be interesting to know if you had any thoughts on how it could be
used with other projects.

Tyler