[OSGeo-Discuss] Annual General Meeting at FOSS4G

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 26 19:10:56 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,
Last year at FOSS4G I ran an Annual General Meeting that lasted a
couple hours.  Personally, I thought it was great to hear about the
interesting mix of reports from local chapters, projects and
committees.  (I realised at the last moment that sponsors would have
been great to hear from too!)

I'd be interested in feedback about the meeting from those of you who
were in attendance and if you had any more ideas for this year.  Last
meeting was 90+ minutes which can seem long, but with the great mix
of work going on it the community - I felt it was worth it.  How
about you?  There would seem to be no way to shorten it since our
communities have only continued to grow - projects, sponsors and
more.  There's a lot to talk about too - occasionally people suggest
topics that warrant discussion at such an event.  Perhaps we need
more time to talk about some ideas or make decisions.

Would love to hear your ideas.  If you're keen to help, also let me
know.

Take care,
Tyler