[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Sign the Hague declaration

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Thu May 15 09:53:40 PDT 2008

I thought it might be wise to point out that this discussion seems to be
getting a little aggressive, and possibly a little personal.

All sides have made valid points. It's obvious that Mr. Fee isn't going
to agree with many of us on this particular issue, and his opinion is
worth considering.

I would remind Mr. Fee, very humbly (of course), that he is on the OSGeo
mailing list, so in some respects he's chosen a fight in which he is
very outnumbered. I don't know how productive it is to aggressively
defend something like the .doc format on a mailing list for proponents
of open source software. :]

You'll probably have about as much success as you would touting the .odt
format on a mailing list for the Microsoft Word fan club. :]

Landon