[OSGeo-Discuss] on Google Code and export restrictions

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Mon May 26 10:01:14 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:11:17AM -0700, Jason Birch wrote:
>    A more disturbing question is whether OSGeo, being a US non-profit using
>    servers hosted in the US, also has a legal obligation to ensure that we
>    aren't exporting code in contravention of US export policy.

I asked on the FLOSS foundations list[0] if others have run across
similar potential legal issues and got a link to the terrifically
thorough ASF approach: http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/
So it seems worthwhile for OSGeo to develop a similar policy.

I agree with Miguel that the [[  the point is not to set-up
alternative sites, but to promote the use of fully accesible sites,
with no restrictions ]] - i'm looking at http://www.berlios.de/
for a rehouse of a googlecode project.

cheers,

jo