[OSGeo-Discuss] Language Specific Lists Summary

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Nov 11 12:36:46 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:26:47PM +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
> In general, Finns, if they can use a computer, can be expected to
> understand and write english. Of course the barrier might be lower to
> ask questions in Finnish. Or Swedish for that matter as it is our second
> official language.

Ari,

Understood. I think that having some text informing people of what the
expectations are, and pointing them to possible more 'friendly'
locations to their languages will be helpful to enhancing these
communities. Personally, I find working in foreign language-centric
lists scary -- and I think the lower the level of English knowledge, the
truer this is.

> I'm not very aware of how much OpenLayers is used in Finland but my
> guess is that it's or will be growing in the future so I'd welcome
> discussions and questions about OpenLayers in Finnish.

Thanks!

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt