[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Will there be an OSGeo Desktop shootout at FOSS4G 2010?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Dec 20 02:15:31 PST 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 07:59:32 +1100, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrea,
> That looks like an excellent basis to start from.
>
> Were the results of the desktop comparison written up somewhere?
>
> While a feature comparison is valuable, the end user is also interested
> is other metrics which are harder to collect.

Hi Cameron.
Unfortunately we could not collect "hard" data about this, and frankly I
think this would be very difficult to do - a desktop is much more
subjective than a server. What is difficult for me can be easy for you,
etc.
Anyway, I think such a comparison is really necessary.
Ideas welcome.
All the best.
--
http://faunalia.it/pc