[OSGeo-Discuss] GIS_Libraries

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Tue May 5 09:06:32 PDT 2009

Nenad,
The OSGeo projects use a variety of licenses. You'll see LGPL, MPL, GPL,
MIT, and others. If you are developing commercial tools, you'll need to
avoid GPL (someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also take into consideration development platform/language.

My group (MapWindow project) has a number of people using our GIS SDK for
commercial applications in the .NET platform. MapWindow is licensed under
MPL 1.1 which supports commercial usage.

Dan