[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparision between MapServer/OpenLayers and ESRI ArcIMS

John Callahan john.callahan at UDel.Edu
Thu May 28 07:01:58 PDT 2009

To follow up re: status of ArcIMS

I just checked the ESRI site, clicked on Products, Server GIS and ArcIMS
is nowhere to be found.  As well, if you select Training and search for
courses, you will find exactly "zero" instructor-led courses for
ArcIMS.   (ArcIMS is also listed under "Other Products" in the Training
section.)    So, as far as I'm concerned, ArcIMS is dead and everything
goes through ArcGIS Server with ESRI.

- John