[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparision between MapServer/OpenLayers and ESRI ArcIMS

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed May 27 08:31:44 PDT 2009

Thanks for the help folks, especially to John Callahan. That was the
best description of the problem with the ESRI solution that I've seen to
date.  What they offer may be good or not --I don't have the experience
to argue that point-- but they are even more expensive that I had
imagined. I'm very impressed with ESRI's marketing -- if they can sell
this, they could sell snow to Santa Claus!

Regards,
- Bill Thoen