[OSGeo-Discuss] discussion or FUD

Brian Russo brian at beruna.org
Sat Oct 10 20:05:47 PDT 2009

At first glance, my initial reaction is he's merely misinformed.

However, after reviewing his blog and comments elsewhere; it's not just sad
- it's outright funny how indoctrinated he is. We use a lot of proprietary
software because we have a specific community we need to interoperate with,
but in our case the scenario is not open VS closed, it's random assemblage
of homebrew/proprietary software VS closed but standardized VS open. The
latter would be ideal; but while interoperability within the open source
"geostack" is good; integrating open source with proprietary is still a
challenge.

"The market is begging for a vendor to pick up the ball here...luckily,
ERDAS is HERE!"

Anyone have pictures of him in spandex and a cape?

 - bri