Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Mind Map - Open Source Spatial Projects

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 12 23:38:47 PDT 2009

> According to the Freemind FAQ, there is an applet that will allow the
> mindmap to be presented via a Web Page [1].
>

> I have not tried this yet.
>
> Perhaps something hosted by OSGeo if the applet works OK?

Hi, it definitely works and I've used it for years. When I was using S5
format web presentations I handled it two ways. One, would be to link a
graphic in my presentation to a separate web page with the applet embedded.
The other was to embed it directly in my presentation page (if a smaller
window was warranted). I've got it online running here:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/community/presentations/20070925-Victoria/OSGeoCommunity.html

Note, it crashed my Firefox (on OSX) but ran in SAfari okay. Note also the
applet requires a web url and can't point to a local file - which can be a
bit of a pain.