[OSGeo-Discuss] looking for introductory material on cartography

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Oct 31 07:55:51 PDT 2009

Giovanni,

G. Allegri wrote:
> Thnaks Ian. That's a really interesting material, but it's out of our
> course scope. I need something about basic geodesy, coordinates
> systems, etc.

Giovanni,
I'm going to send you something separate that I have but I haven't
checked the content fully to make sure I can publish it on the OSGeo edu
inventory page.

> ps: wouldn't it be useful to gather such introductory resources under
> the Education and Curriculum pages of the OSGeo wiki [1]?
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Education_and_Curriculum_Committee

Yes, it would. This relates to our discussion about developing some
OSGeo curriculum material. This next week, I'm going to send out a call
on the OSGeo edu list to see if we can hold one or more online
discussions about how to move in this direction. I'm also going to try
and get some funding to hold, sometime in the next year, a face-to-face
workshop for some of us to meet and work on a curriculum. Anyone
interested in joining this please subscribe to the OSGeo education and
curriculum list.

Cheers
Charlie Schweik