[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for Proposals: GSDI Small Grants Program

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 24 12:22:24 PDT 2009

Folks,

I wonder if someone might have a good project for the GSDI Small Grants
Program, in support of various sorts of SDI initiatives.

   http://www.gsdi.org/node/175

The amounts are small, $2500 USD, but in some situations this might be
enough to fund a useful effort.  Some typical projects they list include:

  *  Convening of national or sub-national seminars or workshops related to SDI
  * Producing SDI- and EO-related training manuals and modules (these materials
must not duplicate existing materials)
  * Establishing metadata and clearinghouse nodes
  * Establishing web mapping services and applications
  * Accomplishing Geodata and/or SDI surveys or inventories
  * Producing and disseminating newsletters and awareness-raising materials
about SDI
  * Drafting policy and legislation related to SDI

I particularly like the idea of using it to support seminars or development
of training materials related to use of our various map servers and GeoNetwork
for SDI deployment.   If someone things they have a compelling project they
would like submit, but would like it to go in as an OSGeo proposal they might
want to talk to Tyler or myself.  I could imagine this as a good sort of
initiative for a local chapter to take on.

Best regards,