[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election: Ned Horning

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Wed Sep 23 19:43:13 PDT 2009

Hi -

I have been a user, advocate, and supporter of open source geospatial
software for more years than I care to remember. My impact may not have
been all that great in the global scope of things but I have worked hard
to raise awareness especially within the conservation community. I still
have a lot of work to do. As a board member I would like to help OSGeo
work more on expand funding opportunities for open source initiatives.
One way to do this is to improve awareness within government and
non-government organizations that fund projects that develop or use
OSGeo products so they consider the benefits of OSGeo software and
eduction/outreach resources when determining which projects they fund.

If elected to the board I will try to be an active member and will
dedicate the necessary time to fulfill the duties that come with the
position.

All the best,

Ned
--
Director of Applied Biodiversity Informatics
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
e-mail: horning at amnh.org
tel: 212-313-7947
fax: 212-769-5292
Home office tel: 802-382-9080