[OSGeo-Discuss] are there any unpaid developers?

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Mon Apr 19 16:51:49 PDT 2010

I think we (OpenJUMP) have a couple of people that are working (i.e.
sending emails and improving code) on the weekends (and evenings) for
fun. This includes not only developers but also people that update
documentation and test new functions.

so - yes!

Btw. if you have a 20 hours/week position and you do the rest (other
20h/w) what you want to do (at the University) - which includes research
which helps to add functions to software - is that unpaid? .. I would
say so.

..not even talking about answering on emails.

cheers
stefan