[OSGeo-Discuss] are there any unpaid developers?

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Tue Apr 20 07:17:15 PDT 2010

----- "Miles Fidelman" <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> wrote:

> I can't think of any successful (wide adoption, long-term
> sustainability) open source projects that are pure labors of love.

Well, maybe Bacula? Vague geospatial connection in that it is primarily developed by one of the founders of Autodesk, now retired and living in Switzerland. Is awesome enterprise-class backup software; there are people making money from it, but I think the core development for years has been mostly Kern Sibbald.

Chris