[OSGeo-Discuss] are there any unpaid developers?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 07:30:21 PDT 2010

I echo your thoughts on passion Andrea; most open source project work is done way outside of business hours.

It is a continued effort to include the cost of open source participation and feedback in any work done for customers; feedback to the community is something that often be performed after a deadline after all.  Geoserver-devel had an interesting discussion on the merits of the GPL license in this respect; it ensures such work needs to be performed and costed for.

As a community we treasure any paid work against core project functionality and QA; such time is so much more effective then that snatched out of evenings or weekends.

Jody