[OSGeo-Discuss] Degree vs GeoTools API

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 04:42:54 PST 2010

We have also trying to set up some collaborations between the projects (but such unfunded work is of course very hard to set up).

Have a look at the GeoTools documentation; and if you have any questions the user list is open for action.
- http://geotools.org/documentation.html
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/Home

You may also find the formal workbooks used for FOSS4G to be of interest:
- http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.com/2009/11/foss4g-geotools-tutorials.html

From my standpoint both projects have an LGPL license, slightly different development models and tend to really like their standards.

Jody