[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparison

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:35:16 PST 2010

Jovi Wrote
>(...) help me getting an overview and
comparison of some of the Servers such as MapServer, GeoServer and
Deegree.

>what's the strength and
weakness of each server in some particular scenario
>I could never answer
these questions without ever using them, right?

I have exactly the same doubts, but for me, a beginer in webmaping, the report does not help much.

So, I kindly ask the comunity members for their personal opinion, to point in a single line what is the strong and the week point of each of the servers.

For example:
- ServerX. good:Nice results in little time.  Bad:Limited resources.

Regards, Pablo.