[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparison

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 18 11:47:48 PST 2010

Pablo Carreira wrote:

> So, I kindly ask the comunity members for their personal opinion, to
> point in a single line what is the strong and the week point of each of
> the servers.

Or we go the other way: you tell us what you're trying to achieve and we
tell you which one seems to be the best fit based on our experience.

Things we need to know include type and volume of data (raster, vector,
which formats), server environment (are you restricted by corporate IT
to something like Windows/IIS or are all options open?), type of app
(ranging from simple map browsing with push-pins to advanced
transactional editing and analysis over the Web), expected traffic, ...
the more details you provide the better advice you will get... help us
help you.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/