[OSGeo-Discuss] web mapping package

Pieter De Graef pieter.degraef at geosparc.com
Mon Jan 4 02:14:29 PST 2010

Similarly to the Mapfish framework, there is another alternative, called
Geomajas. This too is a client-server framework with all the necessary
building blocks for building full GIS web applications.

All projects have to carry their own history and thus the main
difference between the projects is the technology choices that were
made. Geomajas uses a Java back-end based on Geotools and Hibernate
Spatial (if you need domain logic). The client uses either Javascript
(Dojo) - stable release - like the other projects or GWT (Java) -
unstable release.
Although the GWT version is not finished yet, it has the advantage of
requiring only one language to program everything in.

--
Pieter De Graef

GeoSparc nv.
http://www.geosparc.com/