[OSGeo-Discuss] HELP PLEASE - Does anyone know where I can get high resolution GIS data for use in tutorials? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Jan 12 16:19:51 PST 2010

Bruce,

I have been looking at the GeoScience Australia Downloads but all these
are too broad for most of what I do. Need something at 1:25,000 or better.

I suppose the biggest problem is aerial photography. What little is out
there is very broad scale regional stuff. Nothing showing just one small
area at a scale typically used by people such as myself.

I am aware of the Australia Spatial Directory but I was hoping to find
some freely downloadable and free to use datasets, before I go begging
to data suppliers or data custodians.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd