[OSGeo-Discuss] HELP PLEASE - Does anyone know where I can get high resolution GIS data for use in tutorials? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Jan 12 19:08:37 PST 2010

Bruce,

Yes I have DSE/CALP contacts.

Although data can be extracted from land.vic.gov.au under data supply
agreements, these contracts do not extend to third parties. I would need
to get special permission to allow a dataset to be downloaded by
whomever would visit my website. I could put up a special case to the
right people but wanted to exhaust using available datasets already able
to be downloaded. As it is, it appears most of what exists on the web is
broad scale and I need much finer resolution.

I wait to see if anyone else responds to my post. If nothing turns up in
a couple of days I approach some people within land.vic.gov.au.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.