[OSGeo-Discuss] options for getting paid technical/mentoring support on foss geo applications

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:19:40 PST 2010

Hi,

We are a non-profit research institution in the Philippines providing
geospatial related research to local partners.  This year we are
getting more involved with the use of several FOSS geo packages
(mostly under OSGEO projects).

We want to assist local partners in deploying FOSS products within
their institutions (either as a desktop or server based solutions or
customized apps).

In many cases we can get support from the numerous mailinglist.
However, there maybe cases when we will be needing paid technical
support or specific application customization.  In the future, we want
to develop this capacity in house and the give back to the community.
But for the moment, we are looking for developers or consultants who
can help us.

What we see is a sort of mentoring mechanism.  Our staff will be
involved with assisting our partners develop their geospatial
solutions.  But we may need regular mentoring/technical assistance.
Since we will be using several geo apps (desktop, server), we need
experts in many fields.

I'm currently looking at opengeo's services and it seems to provide
the support we need.
http://opengeo.org/
http://opengeo.org/products/

Any other ideas/individuals/orgs who can help us?  Note that we are
not looking for people to develop the applications for us what we need
are technical advise as we develop the request solutions from our
partners.

Many thanks in advance.
--
cheers,