[OSGeo-Discuss] options for getting paid technical/mentoring support on foss geo applications

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 01:54:38 PST 2010

Hello Maning,
LISAsoft is also in the business of providing commercial support for
Geospatial Open Source Software, and our staff in Australia in a similar
time zone to you in the Philippines.

Your request for mentoring is something that our customers find quite
popular here in Australia, where we help development teams quickly get
up to speed with OSGeo software. This typically involves:
* Either direct training, or having one of our experts sit with a
developer or development team, answering questions, and suggesting
appropriate technologies, or providing tips configuring software.

* Once the developers are over the initial startup hurdle, we provide
telephone support, allowing a developer to call one of our experts to
give advice on sticky issues or design decisions as they arise.

More details are at:
http://www.lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/support.html

On a similar note:
* I suspect you will be interested in the Geospatial Open Source Live
DVD, which provides a stack of Open Source Software installed on
Xubuntu. It is a very good demonstration tool, and is handed out at
conferences promoting OSGeo (like FOSS4G).

We are currently building the next release of the Live DVD. You might
want to get involved. You may be interested in being an early tester -
which is something we'd like some help with.

More details at:
http://arramagong.org
and
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc