[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: options for getting paid technical/mentoring support on foss geo applications

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:32:13 PST 2010

Thanks for all the replies (here and in my private mail).  I never
expected such overwhelming response!  This makes us even more
comfortable in pursuing the FOSS route.

I will individually contact those who responded to discuss our
specific requirements.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are a non-profit research institution in the Philippines providing
> geospatial related research to local partners.  This year we are
> getting more involved with the use of several FOSS geo packages
> (mostly under OSGEO projects).
>
> We want to assist local partners in deploying FOSS products within
> their institutions (either as a desktop or server based solutions or
> customized apps).
>
> In many cases we can get support from the numerous mailinglist.
> However, there maybe cases when we will be needing paid technical
> support or specific application customization.  In the future, we want
> to develop this capacity in house and the give back to the community.
> But for the moment, we are looking for developers or consultants who
> can help us.
>
> What we see is a sort of mentoring mechanism.  Our staff will be
> involved with assisting our partners develop their geospatial
> solutions.  But we may need regular mentoring/technical assistance.
> Since we will be using several geo apps (desktop, server), we need
> experts in many fields.
>
> I'm currently looking at opengeo's services and it seems to provide
> the support we need.
> http://opengeo.org/
> http://opengeo.org/products/
>
> Any other ideas/individuals/orgs who can help us?  Note that we are
> not looking for people to develop the applications for us what we need
> are technical advise as we develop the request solutions from our
> partners.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> --
> cheers,