[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: land records management with open source GIS

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:24:48 PDT 2010

top posting a follow-up to an inquiry re. open source cadastral/lrm systems --

The inquiry was regarding implementation in Ecuador (by SA, I meant
South America, not South Africa -- apologies for the repeated
confusion I caused).

As of Jun 22 (my last conversation with my friend who initiated this
query), they had received an ok to post a notice in "Development
Business," (which, I assume, is either a paper/online/both outlet for
international jobs) for entities with interest and experience in open
source solutions in cadastral/lrm systems. They would then invited the
respondents to demonstrate their solutions, perhaps 5-10 key
functions/applications. Those that respond to the demonstration phase,
and do so adequately (whatever that means), would be invited to bid on
the project.

I have sent another email off to my friend to determine if the notice
in dev. biz has already gone out, and if there is a link to it
somewhere. I will keep the list posted if I learn something new.