[OSGeo-Discuss] Display of Multibeam data in open source gis

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Jul 16 18:22:09 PDT 2010

You could use GDAL's ogr2ogr (I think it's packaged in FWTools) to convert
CSV (http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_csv.html) to a shapefile.  Or, depending
on what your plans are for the data, you may want to load the points into
PostGIS/Postgres for better performance, more flexibility in querying,
etc.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser