[OSGeo-Discuss] Comment on OSGeo Project Marketing template before we set it in stone

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 15:59:16 PDT 2010

Arnulf,
I agree that we should only have one marketing template, which will
provide content for a pdf/paper flier, a HTML description for the OSGeo
LiveDVD, and an Open Office Text (odt) format, which can be cut&pasted
into various other uses, like System Integrators' marketing material.

The postgis template I put together is based upon the prior marketing
template. I'd like to think it to be an enhancement, or version 2 of the
template.

In particular, I've moved from the Open Office Presenter format to Open
Office Text format as it is harder to the key useful formats for users
(HTML, ODT and Word).

I also expect that we will get marketing material for every project that
is on the LiveDVD, which includes most of the OSGeo projects, as these
projects have already produced similar material for prior LiveDVD releases.

Jason,
Note that the LiveDVD packages more than just OSGeo incubating and
graduated projects. As OSGeo support is only for OSGeo support projects,
that means there are some projects on the LiveDVD which are not included
in OSGeo Support.