[OSGeo-Discuss] 5 Star OSGeo project maturity rating

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Sun Jun 6 12:38:58 PDT 2010

speaking for a project, i.e. OpenJUMP, that will probably not enter
OSGeo in the near future (its not that we don't want [we had a positive
vote for last year], but a lack of - volunteer - time to do the
necessary efforts and rather concentrate on improvements of the software):

I am fine with 5 stars as long as this ranking would be decribed
somewhere at the bottom of the flyer - because we could have at max 3
stars. Now, is there space for that?

And... the ranking doesn't need to be science (i like all the criteria
outlined by Andrea, but...): The simpler the better to understand for
the "potential user".

stefan