[OSGeo-Discuss] 5 Star OSGeo project maturity rating

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Thu Jun 10 08:59:15 PDT 2010

I'd suggest that a set of N icons/logos accompanied by the words "mature" / "beta" / etc would be better than stars, as it directly indicates to the customer what we're using as a metric.

Fixed, well-defined categories like this are good, because we do not want to get into subjective arguments over whether app A is "better" than app B.

(Along those lines, I'd also ask precisely what "ready to start" incubation means...)

-mpg