[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: land records management with open source GIS

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Jun 22 07:34:25 PDT 2010

Puneet,

   I'd recommend they allocate more (twice as much?, more?) for Open Source
programming and integration than they did for the "closed-source" system.
Likely there will problem domain specific holes in the system needing to be
filled in (e.g. ensuring topological integrity of parcel boundaries, historical
aspect of land tenure, etc).

   The good thing is they've already got a current system, so the Requirements
Phase for the new system should be easier.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.