[OSGeo-Discuss] use of OSGeo software within regional/national SDI efforts

Pieter De Graef pieter.degraef at geosparc.com
Mon Mar 15 07:30:58 PDT 2010

In Flander/Belgium, there was the geGIS (generic GIS) back in 2006,
which lead to the creation of the Geomajas project.
The idea was to have a generic platform for the creation what was called
"editable SDI nodes". Although it fell a bit short of reaching that
goal, it dfinitely was a step in the right direction. This first geGIS
installment is now a little outdated, but the government in Flanders is
now looking into renewing the project (using the latest Geomajas again).

Contact point would be info at dfc.be (the company currently maintaining geGIS)