[OSGeo-Discuss] use of OSGeo software within regional/national SDI efforts

Just van den Broecke just at justobjects.nl
Mon Mar 15 08:02:39 PDT 2010

Hi Jo,

Here in the Netherlands a national metadata portal for INSPIRE has been
realized with GeoNetwork: http://www.nationaalgeoregister.nl . Jeroen
Ticheler may fill in on this.

For the Dutch Kadaster I am working on INSPIRE (data) services, using
OSGeo packages like PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, GeoServer, Deegree and OL/GeoExt.
This is work in progress,  some documentation at:
http://inspire.kademo.nl/doc . At some point I hope that this work can
be used as a basis for OSGeo-based INSPIRE solutions like discussed:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/INSPIRE_data_experiments. The idea is that we
may jointly work towards an "OSGeo-INSPIRE-Stack" reusable across member
countries. For example in my current approach only the transformation
from Dutch data models like addresses/parcels to an INSPIRE-model in
PostGIS is locally specific.

Using OSGeo components within INSPIRE best practices projects like in
EURADIN and ESDIN has proven to be a success for the Dutch Kadaster, in
several cases being the first member state to deliver a web-service like
WFS and a Gazetteer WS.  I think more than a few member countries are
using OSGeo components for INSPIRE data services, in Scandinavia,
Germany and France (IGN).

best,

--Just

Just van den Broecke  just at justobjects.nl