[OSGeo-Discuss] contacting project officers

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 22:50:41 PDT 2010

Here is an idea:

On the website[1] publish a list of "project officers" who can be contacted as representatives by the various committees (education, marketing and incubation).

Currently this list is perhaps incomplete?
VP, FDO: Greg Boone
VP, GDAL/OGR: Frank Warmerdam
VP, GeoNetwork opensource: Jeroen Ticheler
VP, GRASS: Markus Neteler
VP, Mapbender: Christoph Baudson
VP, Mapbuilder: Cameron Shorter
VP, MapGuide Open Source: Robert Bray
VP, OpenLayers: Erik Uzureau
VP, Quantum GIS: Gary Sherman

Today's email on behalf of the marketing committee really highlighted to me that this workflow is not being followed (except for Tyler and the Journal - thanks!).

Could we set up a mailing list containing project officers to help committees make contact? Even if it is just to invite project representatives to an IRC meeting or other activity; a contact mailing list would perhaps help.

Cheers,

Jody
[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html