[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Nomination - About Me

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Nov 7 18:12:23 PST 2010

Hi Folks,

I have been with DM Solutions Group since 2000 in various capacities.  Throughout that time I have been involved with a number of Open Source technologies (Geospatial or otherwise), in one form or another, including:

MapServer
Chameleon
MapLab
Fusion
kaMap

In the early 2000s I started out in application development.  This is where I gained my knowledge and understanding of how Open Source Geospatial technologies and communities worked.  As the needs of the company evolved so too did my role with the technology and its developers.  I eventually found myself as Product Manager for DMSG's various offerings.  In this capacity I have opportunity to help drive Open Source technology from the requirements of our product while still maintaining close ties to the community.

A few years back I helped Tyler work on the OSGeo Journal when it started out.  I also helped organize the 2004 Ottawa FOSS4G (well, the MapServer Users Meeting & Open Source Geospatial Conference) and took part in OMSUG (both prior to and leading in to OSGeo) and then the OSGeo Ottawa Chapter.  I very much enjoyed working with the teams involved.  After a brief hiatus from a volunteer perspective to help tend to the newest member of my family I am once again in a position to actively engage the OSGeo community and help out where I can with the skills and knowledge I have gained throughout the years.

Best regards
Jason