[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G rpm packaging

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Mon Nov 8 11:18:38 PST 2010

Hi Mathieu,

sure - just subscribed to the EL list.

Although in my experience it turns out to __be__ generally possible to
develop distribution neutral java packages, in the FOSS4G area we have
additional issues with e.g. Java Advanced Imaging (jai) and its license,
or with the Eclipse world..

I would very gladly help with FOSS4G on EL (my Desktop is CentOS-5.5 in
fact and I have been doing some work for the Red Hat Java people in
Toronto).

I will begin studying the "EL GIS" wiki asap.

Cheers
Ralph