[OSGeo-Discuss] offline maps

carlos sousa springaleek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:21:21 PST 2010

Hello again, sharing ideas really can be fun sometimes.

The general data I come across, every once in a while is like this:

ftp://neo.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/bluemarble/bmng/bmng_arcview/

and here too:

ftp://neo.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/bluemarble/bmng/topography/

or even these:

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/global/relief/ETOPO1/data/ice_surface/cell_registered/georeferenced_tiff/

These are generally available but what I would like to get my hands on
are the landsat 7 swaths that are also freely available but are very
hard to come by in download terms.

Thanks again

Carlos