[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: "git" like for geodata management

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:46:33 PST 2010

Hi Horst,

In the example given in your website, you have 2 revisions, could you
do more than 2 revisions?

For example, in forest management we do plant, thin and harvest the
forest for period of time (i.e 100 years planning period). You keep on
editing planting, thinning and harvesting plans of the same forest. We
like to see the revisions of these 3 plans (3 layers) e.g. 5 years, 10
years or 50 years, the edits that have been in these periods. Could we
use this plugin for this purpose?

I think this scenario also apply to agricultural management (planting
and harvesting of crops) and animal range management - grazing.

Thanks.

Noli