[OSGeo-Discuss] Acid Maps demo

Sebastián Cruz scruz at xoomcode.com
Tue Oct 19 08:44:30 PDT 2010

Hi Yvesm,

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 11:33 -0400, Yves Moisan wrote:
> Le 2010-10-18 11:12, Fabio Renzo Panettieri a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to let you know that we have put an Acid Maps demo online.
> > http://acidmaps.xoomcode.com/
> >
> > Sorry about the 2 week delay, but we discovered that heatmaps were
> > acting 'funny', so we had to change that interpolation algorithm.
> >
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find the definition of "Acid Maps" or some sense as to why
> it was named that way and Google/Wikipedia don't help.  Any pointers ?
> Or is it just the name of a web server ?

Acid Maps is just the name of the project we choose. As to why it's like
that we have a few arguments, but you can let your imagination fly and
find yours :-)

The processes involved are called "heatmaps", "isolines" and "Voronoi",
but they don't have to do anything directly with the project name.

Regards,

--
Sebastián Cruz
Chief Technology Officer