[OSGeo-Discuss] Acid Maps demo

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Oct 19 10:43:55 PDT 2010

  Le 2010-10-19 11:44, Sebastián Cruz a écrit :
> Hi Yvesm,
>
> On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 11:33 -0400, Yves Moisan wrote:
>> Le 2010-10-18 11:12, Fabio Renzo Panettieri a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to let you know that we have put an Acid Maps demo online.
>>> http://acidmaps.xoomcode.com/
>>>
>>> Sorry about the 2 week delay, but we discovered that heatmaps were
>>> acting 'funny', so we had to change that interpolation algorithm.
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to find the definition of "Acid Maps" or some sense as to why
>> it was named that way and Google/Wikipedia don't help.  Any pointers ?
>> Or is it just the name of a web server ?
> Acid Maps is just the name of the project we choose. As to why it's like
> that we have a few arguments, but you can let your imagination fly and
> find yours :-)
>
> The processes involved are called "heatmaps", "isolines" and "Voronoi",
> but they don't have to do anything directly with the project name.
Thanx Sebastian.  I thought this was some sort of map type since I see
you created your own OL class (OpenLayers.Layer.Acid).  I guess that
type is only in your GitHub repo and not on OL trunk right ?

 From the looks of it your server is "pure python" as opposed to relying
on an existing Python framework ?  Is there a way to run the server in a
WSGI container (like mod_wsgi)  ?

Cheers,

Yvesm