[OSGeo-Discuss] GIS Data Template for Cities, Towns and Communities (e.g Chigago)

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:28:04 PDT 2010

I'm involved at the moment with building large cadastral models for cities.
This is a subject that always interested me, and I guess we could gather
around a few people to work on models, example data and example software.

This would be a great initiative to show counties (cities in Brazil - I'm
not sure about the administrative equivalent) that OSS can help them in an
effective way.

Actually, this common models idea is around for a long time (cadastral,
oil&gas, environment, etc). If anyone is still interested I can give some
contributions.

George

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) <
Bernie.Connors at snb.ca> wrote:

> Noli,
>
>        Maybe I am too focused on SDI and geo-portals to see your point.
>  This is just a simple list of download links on an html page.  There is no
> search capability, no indexing, no metadata, etc.  But on the other hand it
> is simple and I was able to find the City of Chicago GIS Data page with a
> quick Google search.
>
> Bernie.
> --
> Bernie Connors, P.Eng