[OSGeo-Discuss] PAPERS OF FOSS4G 2009

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Sep 20 07:52:55 PDT 2010

Dear OSGeo community,
I'm writing this mail to aknowledge the OSGeo community about a very
negative situation that happened.

As you may know, in Sydney, the selection process for the Accademic
Track session was based on the paper review by a scientific committee.

The web site, promoted that the selected papers were going to be
published by a reputed journal. For this reason several persons (at
least myself) submitted their works and could afford the costs of the
conference (my director approved the cost saying, "well if you will have
a publication is ok..").

After more then one year, Thierry Badard, the person that take in charge
the task to find the editor for the papers do not produced anything. He
only send two mails in one year writing that He will come out with news
very soon!! (still waiting).

I think that this is not positive for the FOSS4G conference and the
accademic community that work with OSGeo project.

But, apart of this acknowledge, with this e-mail I formally ask that my
paper is retired from any future pubblication, so that I can try on
myself to submit this paper to another journal.

I just would like to remind that writing paper is time expensive and
that young scientists needs publication and counted on these too, and
that if someone is not able to perform a task should simply not take in
charge the responsibility.

Regards,
Massimiliano

--