[OSGeo-Discuss] Online shapefile Viewer

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 11:20:59 PDT 2011

yes the our sever is facing some problems and will recover it as soon as
possible
Its not opensource currently but we are planning to release the application
as Open source GPL probably in May
we are also working on a collaborative mapping plaform VRGeo

Did you tried with any shapefiles

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Dan Putler <dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca>wrote:

> Hi Rashad,
>
> Is the viewer open source software?
>
> I've gone to the site, and response is fairly slow. Although, given the
> likely interest in this, you may be getting a *lot* of hits at the moment.
>
> Dan
>

> On 04/03/2011 11:08 AM, Mohammed Rashad wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am posting here because gis users may find this application useful.
>> here is an online shapefile viewer which reads shapefile using OGR and
>> rendered on webpage.
>> http://lsi.iiit.ac.in/lsi/shpviewer/
>> Here the shapefile is directly rendered without mapserver, geoserver like
>> packages.The only library we used is GDAL
>>
>> Please test it.
>>
>> Looking forward your comments, BUGS && suggestions
>>
>> --
>> Thanks && Regards
>> Rashad

Thanks && Regards