[OSGeo-Discuss] Does osgeo provide infrastructure for non-incubating projects?

Fernando González fergonco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 01:59:39 PDT 2011

Hi all, I'm new on the list so I'll introduce myself. I'm Fernando
González Cortés and I'm currently developing GearScape[1], which is a
little GIS application that provides a geoprocessing language to
process spatial data. Currently we're developing a new geoprocessing
language from scratch, called GGL2, that will be easily connected to
other GIS applications, for example with gvSIG[2]. We've just
published the first milestone[3] and, as it is a bit difficult to use
yet, we've created some videos[4] (english subtitles) so that
everybody can have an idea of what we're working on.

So far, the new language is being developed by Víctor González Cortés
and I (yes, brothers) but recently some people got interested on it
and we're trying to build a developer community. The first step is to
create a work group to learn GGL2 technologies so we need a mailing
list and a public SCM (we work with a private one currently).

Is it possible to get such infrastructure from osgeo? Some people in
GearScape mailing list suggested to ask here for a trac instance and
even to apply for incubation. I like the incubation idea but I guess
we're not so big yet. Would it be possible at least to start by being
hosted? I think GGL2 is somewhat innovative and it could be
interesting for osgeo to include such a project if it ever succeeds.

Best regards.

[1] http://www.gearscape.org
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_GSoC_2011_Ideas#Integration_of_GGL2_into_gvSIG
[3] http://gearscape.fergonco.es/index.php/component/content/article/1/14-download-ggl2