[OSGeo-Discuss] Using an OSGeo membership to work at the OGC

Adrian Custer acuster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 05:34:43 PDT 2011

Hey all,

In reviewing Arnulf's recent white paper, I was reminded that OSGeo has
various memberships to the OGC. Since I am in need of re-joining the OGC
as an individual member, I might be in a position to use such a membership.

Do we have any guidelines on how these memberships are to be used?
Specifically, if I were to use one of them would I need to 'represent'
the OSGeo membership in some way (which I would find hard since I have
always been on the margins of OSGeo) or could I continue to represent
the 'free software community' as I feel I already do quite a bit at the
OGC? Are there any other responsiblities that using one of those
memberships would bring, such as reporting back to OSGeo in some way?

More practically, how would one go about requesting such a membership?

And finally, is anyone actually invested in any of these memberships yet?

Thanks for any information or pointers,
   ~adrian