[OSGeo-Discuss] Candidate's Thoughts on OSGeo

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 04:26:10 PDT 2011

First of all impressive list of nominations. My hope is that all the would be directors of OSGeo Board from which ever background they come, give due importance to the education efforts. I believe this will be very important for the long term.

The students of today will be the GIS leaders and decision makers of tomorrow. Having focus on education is key for global perspective, building collaboration, supporting local chapters and providing strategic vision for OSGeo for the future.

Suchith