[OSGeo-Discuss] Workshops filling up...

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 10 09:21:33 PDT 2011

Was sure if you meant to response privately, but thought others might have the same questions, so
replying on the list too :)

On 2011-08-10, at 9:05 AM, Nitin Gadia wrote:
> One quick question - I'm thinking the Introduction to Geospatial
> Opensource would be the best for me... It appears that I can pay $150
> for the full day event ... is that true?

This is correct - it is a full day of excellent talks, and will give a great overview
of where things are at.  But it is not a hands-on workshop which
seems more like what you are after.

> Other than that, there are so many to choose from - Geoserver,
> Geomoose, PostGIS, Mapfish, and Geomajas. The "A Complete Web Mapping
> Stack" looks really good... as does "GeoNetwork for dummies, or how to
> setup and use an SDI in 3 hours"...

From your past conversations it sounds like you need some kind of "stack"
focused session that covers several layers of tools, so I think you're on track with that
one.  You probably can't go wrong unless you chose a more advanced topic or one that
is looking only at one piece of the larger architecture (like PostGIS).  Just a thought,
hope you can make it!

Tyler